I don’t know about you but I am getting catalog overload this season. Sometimes I flip through some of them and then dump em, or others I just dump right away. Rarely do I ever order anything. After seeing the impact of 19 billion catalogs mailed to Americans each year – I’ve decided stop adding to this problem by going to Catalog Choice. It is a free service that allows you to decide what gets in your mailbox. Use it to reduce your mailbox clutter, while helping save natural resources.
Each year, 19 billion catalogs are mailed to American consumers.
What’s the impact?
- Number of trees used – 53 million trees
- Pounds of paper used – 3.6 million tons of paper
- Energy used to produce this volume of paper – 38 trillion BTUs, enough to power 1.2 million homes per year
- Contribution to global warming – 5.2 million tons of carbon dioxide emissions, equal to the annual emissions of two million cars
- Waste water discharges from this volume of paper – 53 billion gallons of water, enough to fill 81,000 Olympic-sized swimming pools