ISKME’s OER Academy Course on Arts Integration
Integrating and Sharing Teacher-Led Curriculum in the Arts using Social Collaboration (all grades)
Dates & Times: August 3 – 4 | Mon – Tue | 9:00am – 4:00pm
Location: Mills College 5000 MacArthur Blvd. Education Complex Room 101 Oakland, CA 94613 http://www.mills.edu/maps/index.php
Participants will gain:
* Hands-on art and multi-disciplinary approaches to learning using easy-to-procure material* Open access to lessons and other materials that support learning, especially in the arts
* Experience with finding and sharing resources with others and using online networking and digital media tools and methods
* Practice in resource search and identification, and an introduction to licensing that makes content legal to adapt and share online
* Continued online support and networking through the OER Commons site and education programs
* Opportunities to connect and collaborate with teachers internationally
ISKME: Amee Godwin, Director, Strategic Initiatives and digital media and open education leader
Megan Simmons, Education Program Manager and K-12 educator
Judy Shintani, artist, arts educator, and arts research consultant
plus special guest presenters
More information available on the OER Commons wiki . http://wiki.oercommons.org/mediawiki/index.php/ISKME%27s_OER_Academy_on_Arts_Integration
Join the Academy by contacting Megan Simmons, ISKME’s Education Program Manager firstname.lastname@example.org or 650.728.3322
Please provide the following information: Name; Email; School, Subject, and Grade taught; and if you will be bringing your own laptop
Breakfast and snacks provided by ISKME. Participants are responsible for bringing their own lunch.
Each course is free of charge for 20 teachers.
Feel free to spread the word to other educators that might be interested in attending the OER Summer Training Academy.